Kali Linux 1.0.8 Released with USB Boot Capability

 Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 9.56.01 PM

Kali Linux, a much respected security penetration testing Linux distribution, had a good day yesterday with the release of Kali Linux 1.0.8 which includes USB boot capability with added EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) support.
Much of today’s computer hardware now require EFI support for the ability to boot live from the USB, and now Kali Linux can do just that!
This will make things easier to get Kali installed and running quickly but for me personally, I will stick with my VMware instances of Kali Linux but upgrade to 1.0.8 anyways but I could see a USB stick of Kali on the go being resourceful.
If you wish to upgrade, you can issue the following commands provided you have an active internet connection:
root@kali:~# apt-get update
root@kali:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment